Saturday, September 10, 2011

Pool of Bethesda

Today (September 6) a group of us went to the Pool of Bethesda, on the way we stopped by the Birthplace of the Virgin Mary.  This church has signs in French so my friends asked me to translate.







The Pool of Bethesda was the most spiritual experience for me so far.  I am definitely looking forward to coming here more in the future.  After walking on the grounds and looking at the ancient “pool” we went into the Cathedral to sing.  We listened to a religious American tourist group sing some hymns and we joined them when we knew the songs. We sang “Amazing Grace” with them for their last song.  It was beautiful. I had chills up and down my spine and I could hear several of the students crying.  I loved watching these people and the way they showed their devotion to the Savior.  They were so passionate and you could feel how much they love and worship him.  After they finished their tour our group sang How Great Thou Art and ended in silence.  We all sat there for a couple minutes because it was so incredible.  Then when looking behind us we realized that a couple groups of tourists had been sitting there listening to us the whole time.  They kept thanking us for how beautiful it was and then they sang some of their own songs.  They too asked us to join them, but they were German and we didn’t recognize the hymns very well.  It was so fun though!  



Me, Leslie and Whitney


Layers that have been added on top of the pool over time. (My pictures of the pool are all too dark)

Stairwell that leads down to the pool

The chapel where we sang


No comments:

Post a Comment